Hi! My name is Nancy and I am the mother of a child who has food allergies -wheat, soy, dairy, chicken and beef. When I found out I did what any parent would do -I stocked up on cookbooks dedicated to those with allergies and then cleaned out the kitchen of all the offending foods. Afterall, we weren't going to eat lasagna in front of our son while he snacks on a rice cake.

Now nearly a year into this I've figured out how to alter recipes, seperate ingredients and give my family food that they all love (and can eat) without me having to make multiple meals.

Please take advantage of what I've learned!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Graham Cracker Cookies


1 1/2 cups graham cracker cookies, finely crushed
1/2 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract



Preheat oven to 350

In a medium bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder, set aside. In another bowl blend together the sweetened condensed milk and butter until smooth. Add vanilla extract. Add dry ingredients to the wet, stir until smooth. Add chocolate chips and coconut, mix well.
On a lightly greased cookie sheet drop by the teaspoonful. Back for 10 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for 5 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 4 to 5 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment