Hi! My name is Nancy and I am the mother of a child who has food allergies -wheat, soy, dairy, chicken and beef. When I found out I did what any parent would do -I stocked up on cookbooks dedicated to those with allergies and then cleaned out the kitchen of all the offending foods. Afterall, we weren't going to eat lasagna in front of our son while he snacks on a rice cake.

Now nearly a year into this I've figured out how to alter recipes, seperate ingredients and give my family food that they all love (and can eat) without me having to make multiple meals.

Please take advantage of what I've learned!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Gluwein

This recipe is: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
Contains: Nuts

1 bottle of brandy
3 bottles of red wine
2 bottles of port wine
25 whole cloves
20 whole cardamon seeds
1/2 lb blanched almonds
1/2 lb seedless raisins
1 cup sugar
2 oz dried orange peel
2 oz cinnamon stick

Put spices in 1 cup cold water.  Simmer 15 minutes. Let stand at least 2 hours.
Mix port and wine with sugar, raisins and almonds.  Simmer  til sugar dissolves.  Strain, add liquid to wine mix.  Add brandy.  And drink!

Recipe by Julie G.

Mamma's Note: For all of those who were lucky enough to get a taste at our Halloween party you know how amazing this is. For those of you who didn't, trust me, it's delightful! Perfect for a fall/winter party.

No comments:

Post a Comment