Hi! My name is Nancy and I am the mother of a child who has food allergies -wheat, soy, dairy, chicken and beef. When I found out I did what any parent would do -I stocked up on cookbooks dedicated to those with allergies and then cleaned out the kitchen of all the offending foods. Afterall, we weren't going to eat lasagna in front of our son while he snacks on a rice cake.

Now nearly a year into this I've figured out how to alter recipes, seperate ingredients and give my family food that they all love (and can eat) without me having to make multiple meals.

Please take advantage of what I've learned!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Oven roasted pork ribs with honey

This recipe is: gluten free, wheat free, egg free, nut free, dairy free, soy free
Contains: Honey

Easy to prepare and full of flavor, this dish will make you feel decadent!!

1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp coarse sea salt
2 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
1 1/2 tsps dried rosemary
2 lbs pork ribs, cut into individual pieces

In a small bowl whisk together the honey, oil, vinegar, salt, garlic and rosemary. Place the ribs in a large plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Refrigerate for about 3 hours, turn occasionally.

Preheat oven to 300.

Arrange the ribs in a single layer on a large roasting pan. Bring the marinade to a boil in a small sauce pan and then pour it over the ribs. Place in oven and roast for 2 to 3 hours.

Serve with vegan mashed potatoes.

**This recipe is from the book Lunch in Paris.

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOH, that looks so good I'm salivating! A friend of mine also gave me a quick rib recipe too at Bunco night...night before, marinate pork ribs overnight w/fav bbq sauce...bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees for 2 hours with chopped onions on top and covered w/foil. I've got to try it and yours too...where did you get your ribs? How did Fabrizio like them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the ribs at Trader Joes and Fabrizio loved them! I got the recipe awhile ago when I was reading a book about an American living in Paris -she put in her best recipes, I think the book was Lunch in Paris. It wasn't a great book but her recipes are delicious!

    ReplyDelete