Hi! My name is Nancy and I am the mother of a child who has food allergies -wheat, soy, dairy, chicken and beef. When I found out I did what any parent would do -I stocked up on cookbooks dedicated to those with allergies and then cleaned out the kitchen of all the offending foods. Afterall, we weren't going to eat lasagna in front of our son while he snacks on a rice cake.

Now nearly a year into this I've figured out how to alter recipes, seperate ingredients and give my family food that they all love (and can eat) without me having to make multiple meals.

Please take advantage of what I've learned!

Monday, March 14, 2011

turkey bolognese -super easy, super good!


1 package fettucine (wheat/gluten free if need be)
1 lb ground turkey
1 jar of pasta sauce, your choice
2 carrots, cut in big chunks
2 celery sticks, cut in big chunks (or cup of broccoli)
½ onion
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp olive oil
salt
pepper

In your food processor, put the carrots, celery, onion and garlic in and pulse till it’s finely minced into a mush like substance. Heat olive oil in a skillet over med-high heat. Add the veggie mixture and cook for about 5-10 mins or until cooked through. Push it to one side of the pan and add the ground turkey, cooking until browned. Stir the turkey into the veggie mush and add your pasta sauce until saucy to your liking. Meanwhile, cook the pasta as directed by the package. Toss with some pasta sauce and spoon the turkey mixture over the pasta into bowls. Voila, you have a perfect pasta dish your child will surely love.

We put the bolognese on gluten free pizza crust and it was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment